Search This Blog

Thursday 11 February 2010

Mentoring together


I like the idea of using a blog as a tool to mentor and share ideas. I would like to use this as well as email and telephone conversations. I also like to meet up a few times at 'inspirational places' chosen by my mentees so that I can get to know them better.

This blog can be used, as you can already see, to create a space where we see our own creative learning in action. We can also share our learning with others. I prefer to work visually so where ever possible we will find interesting and stimulating images to begin our conversations.

I have chosen this image to describe my interest in being a mentor on the OYAP

Young Creative Leaders Training Programme:

  • taking a birdseye view;
  • helping my mentee to see over the horizon and take a wider view of the landscape:
  • working with you to take you to a level you may not yet be able to reach;
  • always there in the background;
  • watching over you while you learn to fly
Check out my other blogs to get a feel for what I get up to:

http://lindajanejames.blogs.com
(my artist blog)

http://educedrawingoutpotential.typepad.com
(my work with young people and communities)

No comments:

Post a Comment